SVHS Band Philosophy and Objectives
band is comprised of interested music students in grades 9 through 12 that meet
prerequisite skill levels on their instrument. The Majorettes, Flag Corps, and
Feature Twirler make up the auxiliary units. Membership in the auxiliary
sections is by audition. Students
are expected to participate in mini-camp, band camp, after-school rehearsals,
performances, and special trips.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT
- That each student reaches his/her full musical
- That each student grows socially, both as individuals
and as a group.
- To promote school spirit.
- To encourage and support interest in the area of fine
- To create and maintain satisfactory public relations
with our community and persons with whom we come in contact.
- To develop a high standard of musical performance as
individuals and as a group.
- To develop and maintain high standards of scholarship,
leadership, and individual responsibility, discipline, high moral character,
and social contact.
Back To Home